To Our Elected members of the Congress and Senate:
When the Will of 90% of the American People is tossed aside to defer to the Firearms Manufacturers and Their Blood Money, it becomes apparent, that the Right to be Secure in Our Homes and Persons means little to them. When the Lives of Our Children mean less than Money, You, have an Issue with Your Conscience, Ethics, and the Creator.
We, the undersigned Americans, therefore, Demand a National Referendum on the Following:
1) Black Powder must be brought into conformity with other explosive materials, and therefore, must have taggants included in its manufacture.
2) Reinstitute the Brady Act, and the ban on Semi-automatic firearms.
3) Closing of the Gun Show Loophole. While it will not stop lawbreakers from obtaining firearms, it will make it more difficult.
4) Increase penalties for Straw Purchases and Gun Trafficking.
5) The Firearms Manufacturers must have their indemnification against lawsuits removed to enable them to be more responsible in how they market their product.
These five items will only go to Strengthen Our Right to Bear Arms, by bringing the Manufacturers into line with:
Amendment II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.